Friday 23 January 2015

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies


Hello! This is my first blog post ever on MC's Film Critique and I look at The Hobbit: The
Battle of the Five Armies.


In this review I am working under the assumption that you have seen The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and all spoilers for that film are fair game.



This was the final film in the Hobbit trilogy. Starting from where we left off in the last film, (The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug) our hero's have an angry dragon to deal with.

I personally was a big fan of everything in this film that was true to the original book by J. R. R. Tolkien. To be honest, I preferred the original story over this connecting story that was adapted for the film. However, that will not sway me too much in how I will look at the film. 

The movie throws you into the action from the get go, which is great. Although, I feel that the start of the film should have been the logical ending for the previous film.  

I wasn't a fan of the love story between Kili (Aidan Turner) and Tauriel (Evangeline Lillyand had expected more than what we got out of this film in terms of that sub-plot line. 

The five armies in the film really deliver. The battle surpassed my exceptions to the point where I was exhausted from the onslaught that ensued for the greater portion of the film. There were some points in the battle where I thought "really?" but, overall the battle is one for the books!

Despite what I said I disliked about the film, I Give This Film My first Cinematography Badge.

Badge: Cinematography Badge
Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment